The 23rd CCP Independent Film and Video Competition
(The 23rd CCP Independent Film and Video Competition)
22 to 25 November 2011
CCP Tanghalang Manuel Conde (Dream Theater)
Awards Night: 25 November 2011, Friday
Gawad CCP Para sa Alternatibong Pelikula at Video (The CCP Independent Film & Video Competition)
promotes Filipino independent filmmaking by giving recognition to the year's most outstanding film and video artists.
It is also the longest-running independent film and video competition in Asia.
2011 SPECIAL AWARDS
*Best Regional Entry
*Best Entry On/For/By Children
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Open to all Filipino citizens. Employees of the CCP and their close relations are disqualified from participating in the competition.
2. Entries may be in the following format:
FILM - 16mm, 35mm
VIDEO – DVD, MiniDV
3. All works must be strictly independent works and not produced for commercial screening. School-based work (e.g. theses) are eligible.
4. Entries must have been completed not earlier than December 2010.
5. An entry must not exceed 60 minutes in all categories.
6. Each participant is allowed a maximum of three (3) entries in each category.
7. An entry can only be submitted in one (1) category.
8. A digital video entry (DVD or MiniDV) must contain only one (1) title.
9. Entries must include the following a duly accomplished entry . Forms may be obtained online (downloadable from www.culturalcenter.gov.ph) or from the CCP Media Arts Divsion (4th Floor, CCP Main Building, Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City) office during office hours (9:00am to 6:00pm), Tuesday to Friday. Regional Entries should download the forms via the internet.
10. Awards for winning entries shall be given to the filmmaker/director indicated in the entry form.
For joint directorial works, the group must assign a single representative to act in its behalf. All official communications shall be addressed to this representative. The CCP shall not be liable for any controversy re the sharing of awards among the members of the group.
11. The decision of the Board of Judges is final. The board reserves the right not to give awards in any category should no entry merit it. In the case of ambivalence, the jurors shall decide the category of the entry.
12. Cash prizes for the categories SHORT FEATURE, EXPERIMENTAL, DOCUMENTARY and ANIMATION, are as follows:
1st PRIZE - P25,000.00
2nd PRIZE - P15,000.00
3rd PRIZE - P10,000.00
13. Honorable mentions may be awarded by the jury, in consultation with CCP officials, with cash equivalent and/or changes in the prize structure.
14. Special cash prizes worth P15,000.00 each will be given this year to the following:
Best Regional Entry
Best Entry for/on/by Children
15. All cash prizes are subject to standard government tax on prizes and awards (20%).
16. Entries must be submitted not later than 6:00pm, October 18, 2011 (Tuesday) at the CCP Media Arts Division Office (4th Floor, CCP Main Bldg).
17. Winners shall be announced in the awards ceremony during the festival week, and in the leading dailies right after. Winners will also be informed by phone, mail, email or telegram after the competition.
18. The Center reserves the right to exhibit the entries, winning or not, during the festival week. Also, the Center reserves the right not to screen entries it deems unsuitable for public screening.
19. All entries are insured by the Center.
20. Winning entries will be archived (copied to disc/hd) by the CCP for library purposes, as well as for possible inclusion in CCP programs and productions. Films/videos shown will be properly compensated based on existing copyright laws.
21. Entries may be picked up a week after the festival.
22. Previous winning titles (i.e. as Best Short Film or Special Jury Prize) in the short film category of the Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival are not eligible to join the festival. Kindly note that all Gawad short feature entries are eligible to join the Cinemalaya shorts competition if they meet the Cinemalaya guidelines.
For more information, kindly call CCP Media Arts at 832 1125 locals 1702, 1704 and 1705.